The headlights can mist up due to temperature and humidity. To ensure optimum ventilation, do not cover the gap between headlight and body.
Socket size: 6mm
1) Switch off the ignition and remove the ignition key, or pull out the control unit on vehicles with Porsche Entry & Drive.2) Open the engine compartment lid.3) Take a socket wrench out of the tool kit.4) Place the socket wrench on the release and turn in direction of arrow until you feel and hear the headlight being released.5) Pull headlight approx. 4 in. (10 cm) forward out of the fender.6) Press back the release tab of the connector and pull off connector.7) Pull headlight out completely.
1) Insert headlight into the guide rails, attach the connector and then slide the headlight fully into the fender.
2) Press the headlight to the rear and simultaneously turn the socket wrench in direction of arrow. You should feel and hear the headlight locking mechanism engage.3) Check that the headlight is seated securely.4) Remove the socket wrench and place it in the tool kit.5) Close the engine compartment lid.
1) Remove the headlight. Please see the chapter on "REMOVING HEADLIGHTS".2) Press both release tabs down and remove the cover.
1) Carefully lever off the plastic cover with a screwdriver and remove it.
2) Carefully remove the fuses using the plastic gripper.
1) Remove cover.
2) Turn twist-locks of the fuse-box lid 90° anti-clockwise with a screwdriver and remove the lid.
Socket Size: 6mm / use Cayenne's special tool for this
Contrary to Cayenne's documentation, the replacement bulb is NOT H11. Use H7 55W bulb!
To remove the headlight, please see chapter on "REMOVING HEADLIGHTS".1) Turn the bulb socket counter-clockwise and remove it.2) Remove defective bulb and replace it.3) Insert bulb socket and turn in clockwise direction. 4) Make sure that the bulb is installed in the correct position.5) Close cover on headlight. The release tab must engage fully.6) Install the headlight. Please see the chapter on "INSTALLING HEADLIGHTS".7) Check operation of bulbs.
I used a Philips H7 CrystalVision Ultra bulb for its whiteness & brightness, upto 4000K
Side marker light
Changing bulb (W5W)
1) Remove screws in the wheel housing trim using a Torx screwdriver.2) Open the trim panel.3) Release the safety clip by pressing from the rear with a screwdriver and press the light out of the wheel housing area from behind.
This is a smart solution to internally bypass the outer chambers of the rear silencer on Cayenne S 9PA 4,5l 340HP built 2002-02/2007 (before face lift). The bypass is made from a tube and it fits exactly into the silencer.
With its special design it can easily be inserted (and removed if required) - minimum effort for maximum sound.
No additional changes are required, engine management and exhaust gas control remain as per OEM.
The bypass tube is made of corrosion resistant stainless steel, laser cut and it is ready to be installed.
The drain at the left hand side of the silencer remains functionable. The bypass tube is flexible enough to compensate for the slightly misaligned tube segments in the silencer. The end shape acts self centering during installation and in the final position the bypass is fixed/seized sufficiently, see installation instruction
This bypass tube is no OEM part without any kind of approval. However measurement (not certified) of the
noise emitted by stationary vehicle indicates the noise emission is in the range of 84dB(A), approved for Cayenne S 4,5l in Germany. The modification shall not be done as long as warranty agreements are effective.
This modification does not fit on Cayenne Turbo where the rear silencer has two separate middle chambers what explains draining tubes at both sides of the silencer.
How To Remove Upper Console
NOTE: Acquaint yourself first with locking tab locations by reviewing the entire document first before proceeding with the steps.
Remove Trim by prying it with a flat blade tool.
Start from the front and work towards the back last.
Take note of the Locking Guide tabs.
This will be important as these tabs will go in first when putting it back later.
Once the trim is removed, start prying the console housing with a flat blade tool.
The last 2 Spring Lock Tabs towards the back are the hardest to snap out. Use the flat blade tool to guide the spring locks out of its holes as you pull down the console housing.
Shown here, is the left side locking tabs.
Shown here, is the right side locking tabs.
Here's a photo of how the entire console housing hangs down from the frame.
The console housing actually hangs off a cradle on both sides.
You can proceed to unhook the wiring harnesses off its sockets by pushing down on its plastic locks while pulling the end connectors out of its sockets. One harness is secured to the housing by a retaining clip.
The GPS Antenna on this Cayenne is located on the Rear View Mirror base mount.
Pull down Trim Cover.
The trim cover is mounted to the base by locking tabs.
Take note of the tabs and guides where they mate with the base.
NOTE: The Garage Opener Control Board is also mounted on the trim cover as shown.
Once the trim cover is pulled out, you will see the GPS Antenna secured to the base by plastic retaining tabs.
Find the blue connector. While pushing down on the connector tab, gently pull out the connector from its socket as shown.
The GPS Antenna is secured to the base by plastic retaining tabs on 5 locations.
Push the retaining tabs away from the board enough for the board to clear the tab notches, and lift the board out.