I've been putting off this work. Several weeks ago, our laundry washer just decided to spill all its guts while on a rinse cycle. And what a mess it created! Some water made it through the basement, the closet right beside it, soaked all the baseboards, cabinets, and of course an adjoining hardwood floor as well!
So no more maniana, just have to bite the bullet and start working on this room. But first, we gotta get rid of these two old pair of steel boxes, I mean Duet -- actually, that's what Whirlpool call these two! Thought of listing it. It sold just within 15 minutes of posting! Going good so far... No. I am now pressed to finish this project asap. I now have 2 new units sitting in the living room waiting for its new home!
First order of business: rip all the vinyl flooring and tile it instead. Purchased these 12" x 24" porcelain tiles. Quite thick and heavy. Unfortunately, my existing wet tile cutter took 15 minutes just to cut an inch! Bought a fairly expensive diamond-bit blade and that guy cut the tiles like it was a piece of plywood! This time around with tiling, I thought of putting in a strip of mosaic tiles for accent.
Second order of business: replace laundry sink cabinet, and also replace the countertops to match the cabinets, the floor and the paint! Seriously. I brought in 5 countertops that I thought would match but as soon as I lay them against everything, they were way off.
Third order of business: reinstall baseboards, caulk and repaint
Fourth order of business: seal the grout
Fifth order of business: install transitions between tiles and hardwood
Sixth order of business: replace sink plumbing (that drain coupler started leaking too when I put them back together!)
Finally: customize a little piece of cupboard because of its odd width (can't find any that would fit)